audio DH is a compilation album featuring a selection of 250 creators related in some way or another to the blossoming sound art scene of The Hague. Also check out www.audiodh.nl for the 16 hours of experimental music and sound art by those 250 artists (free streaming and download !). My sonic contribution to audio DH is Etc. tra la la a collaboration with Motoko Honda.
Hear Belgian journalist Maarten Temmermans about my work. (Thank you Radio Scorpio & Gonzo Circus Magazine)
* Kurt Vile – Pretty Boy [V/A – Parallelogram (Three Lobed Recordings)]
* Nap Eyes – Lion in Chains [Thought Rock Fish Scale (Paradise Of Bachelors)]
* Flying Horseman – Bitter Storm [Wild Eyes (Conspiracy Records)]
* Kaboom Karavan – KipKap [Hokus Fokus (Miasmah)]
* Stara Rzeka – Mapa [Zamknely Sie Oczy Ziemi (Instant Classic)]
* Gonzo (Circus) #130 door Maarten Timmermans
* Aurélie Nyirabikali Lierman – Where Are You? [Mind The Gap, Gonzo (Circus)]
* Eric Feremans – Beat [The Antwerp Killer (Finders Keepers Records)]
* Hiele – Apax Pernod [V/A – EXO (Ekster)]
* Anthony Child – Watching & Waiting [Electronic Recordings from Maui Jungle Vol. 1 (Editions Mego)]
* Legowelt – An Obnoxious Affair On Tape [Dark Days (BAKK)]
* Jlin Narlei – Nandi [Free Fall EP (Planet Mu (OFFICIAL))]
The november 2015 edition of Gonzo (circus) magazine will feature an article about my work. Anyone who purchases the magazine will get a free Mind The Gap cd featuring a fine selection of the newest experimental music.
This Mind The Gap edition includes also my composition “Where Are You ?” for prepared piano, temple gongs, slit drums and analogue electronic sounds. The tape part of “Where Are You ?” is based on field recordings from my trip to Rwanda in 2011. I manipulated them via a reel to reel tape recorder and a Walkman cassette player. The instrumental score is a musical translation and interpretation of a text about the Rwandan Genocide from April 1994.
Special thanks to Benjamin Van Vliet